Make your experience count
Experience Assessment is a rigorous, time-efficient and rewarding way for AP/P2P professionals, practitioners and consultants to become certified members of the APA.
Experience Assessment is a great choice if you:
- have 3 years + current management/leadership AP/P2P experience
- want recognition for your contributions to organisational success
- seek a flexible route into certified membership that works around your lifestyle without having to study a full qualification.
Reward your achievements with professional recognition
Experience Assessment allows you to reflect on your career, skills and knowledge to date, and highlights your areas for development to meet your long-term career aspirations.
Within as little as 8 weeks you could:
- be awarded a level of professional membership with exclusive member benefits
- use designatory letters after your name (APAM)
- benchmark your AP/P2P experience against the industry standard
- learn how you can be even better at what you do, whatever your level
- APA Intro Video
- APA Study Guide
- Lets get to know you
- Certified by Experience Overview
- Join Your Community!
- Contribution to your Organisations success
- Behaviours of an Effective AP/P2P Leader
- Demonstrate Core Elements of Running an AP/P2P Function
- Workplace Feedback
- Process - Welcome Video
- Career in Accounts Payable
- AP Terminology Video
- Accounting Terminology
- Procurement - Video
- Procurement & Procure to Pay
- Invoice and Transaction Management - Video
- Invoice Function, Handling & Types
- Requisitions and Purchase Orders - Video
- Requisition PO Statement Req
- Procurement Cards - Video
- Procurement Cards
- Payments - Video
- Cash Management - Video
- Cash Management
- Supplier Management Video
- Supplier Management - Introduction
- Supplier Management, Access and Control - Video
- Supplier Management - Access and Control
- Supplier Setup - Video
- Supplier Management - Supplier Setup
- Supplier Management and Verification - Video
- Supplier Management - Supplier Verification & Maintenance
- Supplier Relationships - Video
- Supplier Management - Supplier Relationships
- VAT Video
- VAT Basics
- Technology - Welcome Video
- AP Technology Solutions
- AP Mail Solutions - Video
- Document Management Mail
- Compliance & Controls - Welcome Video
- Compliance & Controls
- Travel & Entertainment Expenses Video
- Travel & Entertainment
- People Management Video
- AP People Management
- Managing and Leading - Video
- AP Leadership
- AP Complaints and Difficult Situations
- Presentations - Video
- AP Presentations
- Key Performance Indicators - Video
- AP Management Performance, Motivation & Training
- VAT Managers - Video
- VAT Managers
- Student Feedback
- APA Podcast Introduction
- Putting the AP in hAPpy
- Passionate about People, Process and Technology
- Developing the right skills to advance your career in AP
- Hit your reset button
- Creating your personal brand in AP
- Choosing the AP career from Uni
- The Journey of an AP Manager
Accounts Payable Association certified training courses are transforming the AP industry by offering the opportunity to gain a recognised and valued qualification.
Unlike other business functions, Accounts Payable professionals have not had access to certified training from a professional body.
This has led to complaints of no visible career paths, not being appreciated, and feeling undervalued. Individuals that wanted to take actions to advance their own careers had few options.
Managers had no resources to support staff training or succession planning. When interviewing staff there was limited quantifiable evidence of capability available.
In a recent survey we carried out, 70% of AP professionals said access to qualifications and training would assist their professional development.
Increased knowledge of Accounts Payable processes
A Certification recognised by leading employers globally
Increased earning potential and career progression
Join the APA member network and attend the APA annual conference
Ongoing support and guidance within your career
“Do I need to buy and learning material?
No, all of the learning materials required for undertaking and successfully completing the course are included within the online learning management system, which you will have access to for 12 months.
“Can my employer pay for me to enrol?”
Yes. Over 90% of individuals enrolling on APA courses seek funding from their employer first. If your employer is willing to fund your enrolment cost, we can invoice your employer and enrol you on the course as soon as payment is received. Please contact us on email@example.com to make this arrangement.
“How do I enrol?”
Enrolment is very easy – Simply navigate to the top or bottom of this page where you will find a button ‘Buy £xx’ . Click this button; follow the instructions for enrolment and payment. As soon as you have completed these simple steps, you will receive an email containing instructions on how to begin your chosen course.
“Can I display letters after my name?”
Yes, for those who are APA Induction certified, they can display APAI after their name. For APA Technician it’s APAT and for APA Manager it’s APAM.
“Do I get a certificate?”
Yes, upon completion of your chosen course, you will receive a certificate in the post from the Accounts Payable Association with your unique student number and APA stamp of approval.